The book is a thorough presentatiion of the island with bilingual parallel texts. It includes information on the history of the island, the archaeological sites and findings, the environment, the economy, the architecture, the churches and monasteries as well as numerous photographs. It is also a user's guide for the respective DVD-ROM, including content from the electronic edition. The aim of the series is to offer a structured thesaurus of knowledge about the island that will point out its cultural distinctiveness.
"Paros" DVD-ROM is a multimedia program for the voyagers of Greece who wish to discover the island with the long history, the countless churches and the gorgeous beaches. The island of the ancient sculptors and of the Hecatontapyliani church.
- Original texts based on extended bibliography on the fields of local history, archaeology, mythology, economy, modern life etc., as well as on site research
- Conscientious language
- Systematic structure of the material
- Ingenious dynamic linking
- Rich and high quality multimedia material (almost 25 minutes of video and more than 400 photographs are included)
- Multimedia content retrieval tool based on fuzzy matching techniques
Minimum system requirements:
- IBM PC or compatible
- Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
- Pentium II 333 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 50 MB free hard disc space
- DVD-ROM drive 6x or faster
- MPC compliant sound card
- True colour (24 bit colour depth) display card 800x600 resolution
Please Note: This DVD is in PAL format, encoded for use in ALL PAL zones (Zone-free). To view this DVD in the US or Canada you will need a multi-region DVD player or a computer with a DVD player. Greekshops.com is currently offering a multi-region DVD player at the amazing price of 69.95! This DVD player will not only play all zones and DVDs from anywhere in the world, but it also has several other great features which make it a great upgrade of your current DVD player.